Friday, September 02, 2005

road tripping

Today at 9:00 a.m my husband and I were supposed to be flying to Bay St. Louis, Mississippi for a short vacation--needless to say, that's not going top happen. The airport we usually land the plane at is in Waveland (right down the road from the Bay)... we are really hoping that the wonderful people who take such good care of us there are okay. My heart aches for Bay Saint Louis-for those of you that have never been to BSL, it WAS one of the most wonderful little towns on the coast. I am hoping there is more than enough assistance for the whole area and the citizens to rebuild. Keep all of them in your thoughts and prayers!

However, since we couldn't go to Mississippi, we decided to take a short trip down to Tulsa, Oklahoma--another town close to my heart. We lived in Tulsa for 5 years so is fun to come back and visit friends. For those of you out there planning a trip, the Gilcrease museum and Philbrook are the best museums! Plan to spend a day at either of them--there's a lot to see. I had to take a detour and drag my dear, patient husband to a yarn store (Naturally Needlepoint). I am learning how to knit and am discovering there is a whole world of yarns beyond the stuff you find in the discount stores-not knocking that yarn, I still use it for various items, but there is yarn that will make your toes curl out there! I found a lot of it at that store-but I had actually gone there on a mission--I was looking for 14" Lantern Moon needles. They only had the 10"---figures....so I had to order them online...I suck at patience-I wanted instant gratification darn it!!!!!! I know, grow up!....(that'll never happen!). However, if you are looking for yarn that will make you weak in the knees, that's the place to go!!!!

My new goal this season is to actually get a new computer so I can actually provide visual entertainment for those of you reading this. It would be nice to be able to show you my little town. We are actually 2 miles from the Wichita city limits but my little town has a small town feeling that I love. But that would also mean I will have to learn how to take digital pics and download them...GGGGGGGreat, yet another opportunity for my 19 year old son to teach his mom something.....I'll never be able to act like I know everything at this rate!!!!!

No comments: