Sunday, November 18, 2007

Things I SHOULD be doing...

As in making cookies and getting the guest bedroom ready for my son and his girlfriend. Hubby is flying to Tipton as I type to pick the kids up. It is Sona's first time to fly and she is afraid of heights--hopefully she does well. I told hubby NO STEEP TURNS and he is planning to bring air sickness bags just in case. I think she'll do well, but flying for the first time in a small plane can be a little scary---however it is still safer than driving....or so I am told.

I got the new camera and have been playing with it to figure out the new features, so I will post something later.

Yesterday I took a spinning class from one of the ladies in our Knit In Public group. It was so relaxing, and it did come back to me which surprised me since it has been 8 years or more since
I've spun. I did use a castle style wheel (everything is upright in a line) and found it very comfortable. I am eyeing getting one next year if the budget permits. I was able to spin surprisingly thin yarn that will make wonderful sock yarn once plied. I'm hooked!!!! I left the yarn on the bobbin so I can continue in 2 weeks at the next class. since I figured out the camera, I will have pictures of the next class. It is really fun!!

I went from the spinning class to a bead shop with a friend and made a really neat necklace and bracelet. It was an excellent afternoon for creativity and it was capped of by going to Michael's craft store on the East side of town where I found a really good book on wire working--and since I had a 50% off coupon, I got it at a steal. Which left me money to splurge on a REALLY cool thing I found to carry my sock yarn in---I'll tease you for now and post pictures later..It was an excellent and relaxing day!

2 comments:

monique said...

How wonderful that you can take spinning lessons! That's something I would love to learn. But unfortunately we don't have something like that in our area.

Rhonda said...

If you ever get to my side of the globe--I promise I will find someone here to give you lessons! It is sooooo relaxing! I am hoping to get my wheel repaired and start spinning sock yarn! I love wild bright colors and it looks like I will have to dye my own roving and spin the wild yarn I love!