Tuesday, October 21, 2008

How To Discourage People from Asking for a RIDE

Excuse #1 : I'd love to give you a ride, but the last time someone sat in the back, they disappeared.
#2: Gosh--looks like I'm plumb full on my load capacity. Besides, the rats might get a little jealous.
#3. If I give you a ride, we'll have to cuddle up real close. AWW Heck, you can just sit on my lap...



I guess that's one way to get rid of the "new car" smell. Nothing beats "new car"smell like "old decay". Yummmmmm.


Holy Smokes people! This must be kin to the van person I posted a little while back.

This one was in Newton, and since it was parked right next to me, I had to get a shot. Obviously this is someone who doesn't just ride with the windows down. And what would happen if your car broke down and had to be worked on? It would take a week before you could get to the seats--if they haven't decayed.

I am at a loss to explain this phenomenon. I seem to finding these cars pretty frequently lately. Since all the stuff is trash like empty bags and containers, I'm pretty sure these are not people living in their cars.


What do you think?

4 comments:

Karen C said...

Oh, it doesn't smell like decay a bit, I rinsed all the stuff before I put it in the van.

Okay, okay, my recycling wasn't that bad, but with one thing or another I ended up hauling it around for weeks. It was only in the cargo area behind the way-back, and not even (quite) stacked above the seatback of the way-back, or above the rear window level.

I *still* felt like a moron when I went to the feed store and had to have the guy put the bags of vermiculite and feed in the slider instead, though.

And at least I (finally!) got the recycling dropped off at ProKS today, and it wasn't even terribly crowded. Big sign begging for more volunteers, which I should have asked about: maybe that means they're extending their hours. Or maybe it means they're short of volunteers for the hours they *are* open, which would be bad. Because if they shorten their already-short hours, I *do* suspect my van will start looking like that between recycling trips...

Jen in KS said...

One of my first thoughts: air bag supplementation.

Karen C said...

Jen: I think that'd be counteracted by the Gallagher Effect (from his bit on the virtues of driving a van: you can keep anything you might need in it, and when you want it you just slam on the brakes and it hits you in the back of the head).

Rhonda said...

LOL!!

You guys are tooo funny!!