Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Amsterdam...

Yep, more Amsterdam photos...I loved the tulips so much while I was there that I actually ended up buying a couple dozen kinds of tulips that I haven't seen here in the states. They ship them in October, so I'm going to get the beds ready so that I just pop them in when they get here. I might even end up buying another 200 bulbs from them before the season begins. I saw a lot of the really bright ones in their email the other day. As you can tell, I'm not a mute/demure color kind of gal.
This apartment building was just so darn pretty! It looked like something from a painting, which is probably something that I will be doing. Getting to go to really great world class museums (and there were hundreds more in Holland) and seeing the sights really got my creative mojo going again. I have started to paint again, which I had put down since life got so crazy busy.


These are gorgeous! This is about as muted and pale as I go...However, we'll see. I might have a gaggle of pales in a special planting this Spring because there were some really pretty tulips and other plants at the public gardens in Amsterdam.
Amazing!!
And so inspiring.
I can understand why people go to Europe to get inspiration. I can't describe it, but you can't help but get inspired amid all the sights. The history is amazing. I was so in awe that I was amid building built in the 1600's and before...and the art...you just have to go. I can't even start to explain it. Yes, there were some seedy areas, as there are in all metro cities, but not too bad.
Next time I go back, I want to stay closer to the city center. I enjoyed taking the train -- I love trains--but it would have been great to just be able to wake up and tumble into the streets. However, the hotel we were at had this tub that literally came up to my neck, which was heaven for taking a long soak. I wish I could find one like that here in the states!! I'd even remodel a bathroom for that! However, I can tell you that it did not have a safety on the hot water. The water can out at what felt like boiling! I had to be careful to monitor that.
Well, goodbye for now.

No comments: