Sunday, July 16, 2006

You never forget how......

to ride a bike....bull! After not riding in over 20 years, I got a wild hair and bought a bike today. Nothing fancy, just a basic cruiser (which by the way was more expensive than a bike with gears!)--so I figured I'd be able to just pop on and go....that did not happen. Thankfully I am starting this new adventure at night when I don't make my neighbors laugh because they are in bed....

I am hoping to get the hang of this again, but it feels really strange. I used to love to ride bikes when I was a girl, so it seemed like something that will help me lose the weight I have gained since having kids. My goal right now is to get at least 70 pounds off and then I will go for a second phase. I have such a huge amount to lose! I am playing roulette with my life being at the weight and the age I am right now. I figure once I get started, I will ride with my boys at night when it is cooler. I get bored walking so this will hopefully keep me on the right path. Starting tomorrow I am going to start taking salads at least 3 times a week -- and mostly greens, not protein. The rest of the week will be whatever. I just need to take small steps. A lot of the girls at the office are on weight watchers, but I just don't have time to get to the meetings so I am going to try it on my own. I have to admit I am inspired by one of the knitters (Lolly) whose blog I read regularly. She has lost almost 50 pounds, and she has her eating regime on a blog, so I am basing mine off that. The water part is going to be a little hard to work into since I do love my diet cola.

On the other front, I am discovering that having a washer on the fritz totally bites! Luckily hubby like doing clothes, so he hits the laundromat. We went looking for one today but came to an impasse--he wants a top loading model because they are much cheaper. I want a front loading one because they are more enviromentally friendly and use less water. I found one I like but we ended with " let's keep looking" --- I will go back this week and buy the darn thing and have it delivered before he realizes --- it took him forever to figure to buy a dishwasher, I had to do the same thing....

Cute animal pictures included with todays post.

No comments: