Monday, August 18, 2008

Consumer Finance (Orlando, Florida)

Today I got not one, but 3 recorded messages from a telemarketing company. On the third one, I picked it up (since the previous messages do not leave a call back #) and got a trainee. I asked him to remove our number, since we are on the no call list, and he said he would try, but we probably would receive more calls since there are a lot of branches of the company he calls " Consumer Financial Services" out of Orlando, Florida..I asked to speak to a customer service supervisor who then told me that by having a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express, I am giving them the right to telemarket me.

BULLSHIT!

Then Tim (not his real name I'm sure) hung up on me.

Say it with me folks "OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!"

Let me give you a hint, DO NOT HANG UP ON ME IF YOU ARE A SCUMBAG TELEMARKETER.

So I am doing a little research and am out to scorch some ass. Yep, I'm pissed. I can be nice, but if I get hung up on, the transformation to complete bitch occurs instantly. It's just one of my little quirks....

And how was your day?!

2 comments:

Fairy Spun Fibers said...

::groan:: Go read my blog if you want to know how my day was (ugh!), Rhonda. But a telemarketer ... especially a SNOTTY one ... trumps my bad day, for sure. I don't think there is ANYTHING that ticks me off faster than a snot-nosed telemarketer! Go get 'im, Tigress! Rip him a new one! :-)
Hugs, Connie

Unknown said...

I so much hear you. I JUST got a call from these people. I tried to report them on the government's do not call website and (get this) the website said I had to wait to report until 10/04/08 because I just registered for do not call on 09/03/08. The problem is....this is 11/06/08....go figure!

Anyway...my son found your site and he had a suggestion for me next time these people call. Next time I plan to play along a little. I want to tell them that I have indeed been looking into this and do they have a website I can look at? Then I want to tell them...I can't believe what a coincidence that I've wanted to hear the exact thing they are calling about ...then ask "hey, how did you get my name"... Then maybe I'll tell the person they are sure giving me some good information - "what's your name by the way".... Just keep picking to get more information. Then...I plan to say "I have something very urgent to attend to...can I have your number to call you back?" Also...I want to say "Hey, so you are based from Florida...are you part of a larger corporation or are you independent. Then I plan to turn them in big time. I hate this stuff (ergo the do not call registry).