Thursday, August 21, 2008

GEE-ography lesson








My mother called me this morning with a story so hilarious, I had to share it.

My nephew runs around with this really large guy (think Hoss from the western show Bonanza --for those of you too young to remember Bonanza--Google it) who is just a few bricks short of being able to hold up his cognitive retaining wall...anyway, my nephew and the guys were hanging out, like we Okies are so fond of doing, and chewing the fat..This guy, David, says "Can you believe the Russians have invaded the U.S ?! " and the conversation gets lively between David and one of the other guys. My nephew is sitting there trying to figure out what the heck he is talking about when it suddenly hits him that this guy thinks the Russians have invaded the STATE OF GEORGIA.

I kid you not!

So John has to explain that the Russians are in the COUNTRY of Georgia--not the state. This guy is a little dumbfounded ( I added "founded" on the end of that last word to be nice). Then John had to explain where the COUNTRY of Georgia is.

Can you imagine this guy gittin' in his pickup truck (Rednecks don't "get" in their truck, they "git") to go fight the red threat in Atlanta? I absolutely rolled...

Then I made sure my kids knew where the heck Georgia (the COUNTRY) was..

I kid you not.
Disclaimer::: the "win 100.00 here sticker" on the European map is theirs, not mine. If I had an extra $100 to give out, I'd buy this guy a globe. One that talks...

3 comments:

Lara said...

Part of the kids' homeschooling supplies from last year were inflatable globes. They look like beach balls, but they are entirely accurate globes of the Earth. Perhaps that guy should git one of them thar things.

Fairy Spun Fibers said...

::snort snicker:: You GOTTA be kidding me, Rhonda!?! Oh, I about died laughing, reading that ding-dong's story! Where the heck WAS he during History/Geography lessons? So...aren't you glad that wasn't one of your relatives...! ROFL!

Rhonda said...

Damn Fairy Sun!

Now that you mention it, I might have to check the family tree just to make sure he ISN"T hanging on one of "them thar" branches! Much pruning to ensue, I promise!! LOL!