Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring has sprung

What a gorgeous day it was today! Hubby and I went to a friend's house where she and I dumped him to watch multiple "24" episodes (we don't have cable internet and can't get on the website to watch the complete episodes without our computer completely locking up) while she and I shopped. It is so rare that I actually go shopping, it actually was fun. I desperately needed shoes for work and shoes for play. I scored big at Shoe Carnival with my favorite brand (Ryka)--I found a pair for 25.00 and they were having a buy one get one 50% off---so I bought two pairs of the SAME Ryka shoe. Considering I have seen this pair for 70.00, I was soooooooo happy with myself. I love this brand, so I grab them when I can afford them. There were other good deals, but those were my best steal....

Starting next week, I promise more knitting content! I realized I had taken a little detour from knitting and really need to get back on board. I will be working out of the One Skein Wonders book -- it really has some great patterns!!If you haven't seen this book, run to Border's or Amazon and oogle it...you won't be disappointed. I really want to work on some fingerless mitts, but I'm having problems getting in the mood when it is warm out.....

On the home front, we are considering whether to buy the house we've been renting for 11 years or to try to find something else with a little more space. We have looked at a couple houses that were real duds, but friends tell me to just keep on going...isn't that the "kiss a lot of frogs" theory?!! We are so living it!! However, there are some houses we are looking at that have fireplaces, which is on my wish list of a "perfect home" I can SO see myself sitting in front of a fireplace knitting in the winter...I guess time will tell. I really dread packing and moving though....not to mention I love our neighbors.

Within the next couple weeks, I have to catch up with my travel goals of exploring and knitting in little towns around Kansas. I got snowed under at the beginning of the year and was unable to do any road trips. I did get a book of towns in Kansas with some really interesting places, so I will be sharing them with you soon.

Better run, it's time for bed. Last week was a really bad week for sleep, so I need to make myself try to catch up. Good dreams to you!

2 comments:

Marigold said...

I really like some of the small towns in Northeast Kansas. Atchison, Tonganoxie, and the even smaller ones that I can't remember the names...

Rhonda said...

I've heard Atchison is really neat. Thanks for the suggestions, they are on my list now. I'm also looking for ones with yarn stores (go figure), so your suggestions throughout the state are definitely welcome!