Sunday, April 13, 2008

BUSY weekend!!

But a great one!

Saturday I took a magic loop class at the Beadery in Newton----it was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!If you are within driving distance of the Beadery, I highly recommend you take a class there. If you aren't able to make it to their scheduled classes, Candice will do one on one knitting classes. I've also taken beading classes from the owner, Julie and I love them!! Beads and knitting--what more can you ask for? I will post a picture of my socks tomorrow. I bought some knitter's crack (aka Lorna's Lace's) for the class, but I frogged it a couple times and decided to use some magic stripes (Lion Brand) for this first pair so I don't fray the heck out of the LL. I will do the next pair in the Lorna's once I get the technique down. I can tell I am going to LOVE magic loop. I had the booklet for quite some time and at the time I got it, it did not make much sense. After Candice's class, I got a grip on it...L-0-V-E!!!

After the Beadery, I went to Stitch and Bitch at Twist. Two yarn shops in one day---it's a good thing!!

Today I helped a friend's father watch three little relatives. We actually went to see the movie "Nim's Island". I really thought it was a good movie for kids. Jodie Foster is always an excellent actress, but then there was Gerald Butler. Holy Smokes! That is one pretty member of the male species!! He was in P.S. I Love You---that's the first time I had seen him in anything...very pretty smile...

Tomorrow (Monday) I have a volunteer lunch at Botanica for Compeer. Compeer (click on the link for more info) is a program that provides a friendship match for consumers of the Mental Health Association of Kansas. I have volunteered with this program for 7 or so years now. One of their caseworkers gave a talk about their program to my abnormal psychology class in college and I signed on as a volunteer. Basically it is a program that matches a volunteer with consumers who have similar interests who have a mental illness. This program is really a wonderful thing. I can honestly say I have gotten a lot from this volunteering program! I love it! If you have a little time to volunteer, I would highly suggest this program.

Next weekend I am going to try to stick close to home and actually get some knitting projects completed. Shelly (Twist) ordered some new books and Cabin Fever patterns for me, so I am gearing up for some serious knitting! I love Cabin Fever patterns. I also love the Knitting Pure and Simple patterns, so I may have to eventually add some of those to my pattern collection. AFTER I get some more of my UFO's finished and my yarn stash in line...Let's see, so far I have a sweater on needles from the Northampton Wools book, 2 pairs of socks, a baby sweater, and a lace wrap. That should keep me busy for most of the month of May and June. Ideally I'd like to make some Christmas gifts in the summer. I always try to do that, but haven't had much luck with that in the past.

What are your UFO's? Do you try to knit Christmas gifts? When do you start on them?

No comments: