Thursday, June 28, 2007

Rain, Rain...


It is 7:30 a.m and it has been raining off and on all night and for most of the day yesterday. That's OK because I love rain. We've had quite a bit of rain lately, which is unusual for this time of year. Thankfully there was a small break when we moved..


Sue and I have almost finished OUR FIRST QUILT....We had gotten a little burned out from marathon quilting session to get it pieced, so there has been a little break in between piecing and the sewing of the layers. After last night we have decided that we both need more experience with the machine quilting part. My stitching in the ditch is not the smoothest. I am seriously looking at invisible thread next time. But since this was a first quilt, it was good to see the fact that I had problems staying in the ditch....not really, that's my self pep talk.....This week I will continue with some more stitching in the squares (free motion) and then we will tackle binding. Sue's quilt is a nice subdued flannel in blues and muted creams. Mine is.....NOT. Our pattern is called "confetti", although I've seen it called a couple other names too, and mine has about every bright color possible. It doesn't look bright in the picture, but trust me---it is. The binding is going to be either red, blue or purple...not sure yet....Doesn't son looked thrilled to be standing out in the rain holding my quilt? NOT!

No comments: