Monday, March 10, 2008

And a Happy Monday to you...

We got a new car today, but since it is dark outside, I'll wait to post pictures until tomorrow.

It is actually a used car, but new to us. It's a cute little red 2001 Dodge Neon. We were looking for something a little easier on gas since the car hubby has been driving sucks gas down like I suck down coffee in the morning: fast..and in great quantities. I drove to Enid to pick the car up, got all the way back to Kansas and realized they had forgotten to put the 30 day tag on. DAMN. The tag on the car had expired in January. So now I have to get up in the morning and go to the insurance agent to get a copy of the insurance for this car, then drive downtown to sit and get a tag. Hopefully I don't get stopped--they are really strict in my little town about things like that. I have my bill of sale, so that will show that I haven't been just driving around for the heck of it on an expired tag, but I am one of those people who are REALLY paranoid about breaking any laws.
And no, I do not speed. I am too paranoid about that too. The law of averages is just not stacked in my favor, so why push it?

The kicker is that the month our car tags are due is April (Car tags are done by the letter of your last name and assigned a month accordingly. Ours happens to be April). I will not be able to get April's tag until March 15th....it is the 11th tomorrow. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I will only be able to get a tag that expires in 15 days--then I will have to do the whole damn thing over again in April. ARGGGGGG! But then I guess I have to be there in April for the tag on the other vehicles, so WHATEVER...I'm just being cranky. It would have been so much easier to have had the 30 day tag...I didn't even think to look, so a smack to me too I guess.

One bright spot of the day is that I did get to hang out with my friend Lisa and eat at my favorite local restaurant, Next Door. They have a mushroom cheeseburger that will bring tears to your eyes! Forget chain restaurants, this local place is sooo much better than anything else in town. I go there every time I'm in Enid. Next Door has been around since my first visit to Enid with my boyfriend "at the time". Even funnier story is that I met Lisa accidentally because it turns out that BOTH of us were dating this guy at the same time. Since I was from another city, he figured we would never find out about each other. Guess what? We did. And we had a mutual friend that got a dialog going between us and we found out we had a lot more in common than the boyfriend. The boyfriend didn't work out, but we have been friends since 1983 because of him. Actually the boyfriend made a much better friend than boyfriend, so even that worked out in a way...Isn't it funny how things turn out? Lisa's family runs a couple auto related businesses there in Enid and Lisa can do just about anything auto related. Me? Not so much. Actually I didn't know how to put gas in a car until Lisa taught me. Lisa is also the one who taught me how to drive a standard. That alone is an endeavor worthy of sainthood. I know her dad, step-dad and brother just shake their head and wonder exactly what my purpose is--I can't change the oil in a car, bleed brakes, change out a fuel pump or anything like that.....But I adore them all. They have come to my rescue for more than one car related emergency. Enid is close to my heart, I wish I had the time to get back there more often.

No comments: