Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

When the going gets tough, the tough slide under the kids bed for a nap...Buddie was firmly wedged under there. Notice the "you don't see me, I'm invisible" look on his face? That would almost work if he didn't snore so loud he makes the bed shake!


We went to Stillwater for Easter to spend time with my side of the family. It has been a REALLY long time (shamefully long, I hate to say) since the boys and their cousins had a chance to get together. I have decided we have to make more of an effort to make sure they see each other at least once a month. They really had a good time.

Above are my nieces Amber (in yellow stripes), Heather (in pink stripes) and their cousin Sadie.
We are missing one boy in the above picture but it was a challenge to get them to even stand still for this long without breaking into a wrestling fest!

There was a little Easter egg hunt and as you can tell, Aurelius has figured out the basket game. He is my great nephew and cute as a button!

It was so nice to get back to Oklahoma, even if for a day. I am going to Tulsa next weekend for a girls weekend, so I will have to check out the yarn stores there. Cute hubby drove to Stillwater today so I had time to work on a baby sweater that I am trying out. We recently got lucky enough to have a new Wichita transplant find the yarn shop (Twist) after moving from Mississippi and over the course of 4 days, she knit the most amazing baby sweater from Baby Twist alpaca yarn! 4 days!!!! Holy ever lovin' smokes! She told me how much to cast on and gave me the basic instructions so I can test the pattern out. She is making up instructions for us in the shop since it is sure to get lots of requests! It is knit in the round, which I have never done, so once I get the required length on the body and both arms, she will show me the next step. This girl is an amazing knitter!! I'll post pictures of what I have done so far in the morning. I have been going into Twist on Tuesdays and Thusdays (and whenever else I'm needed) to help out with stocking, pricing and anything else Shelly needs. It lets me play with yarn and I can honestly say I've learned a LOT. For example, did you know that if you are not paying attention while winding a ball of yarn on the ball winder, you can launch it off the winder and a pretty good distance? Yep, ask me how I know that one.

The kids go back to school tomorrow. It has actually been really nice to have them at home. We didn't do to much for Spring break, but sometimes that is nice.

Tomorrow I am going to plant some rose bushes that I bought at Big Lots for $2.50! I bought several of them at that price. Most of them are climbing roses that I am going to plant along our back fences. It has been so warm and beautiful lately that I am getting really excited about getting gardens in order and planted.

No comments: