Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Hanging Close to Home


Today started off pretty darn bumpy from the get-go.


Luckily it has calmed down and I am not feeling like the world is spinning. I'm not sure what I got ahold of, but all day yesterday I had moment where I lost my balance and felt like things were spinning. But just for brief moments. I attributed it to not enough sleep when I went to Stillwater to run my mother around Tulsa, but today I was REALLY sick. So sick I stayed away from the yarn shop -- and that means I was feeling BAAAAAAAD. I definitely don't think Shel or any of the customers would approve of my sharing this. I am feeling better now, I'm hoping it was just a one day bug. You never know what you get exposed to sometimes.



I am in the process of getting the supplies together to assemble a water garden for the back yard. I really learned a lot in the class I took at Botanica and am really itching to get a water garden started. When I was in Stillwater, I noticed they have a Water Garden Society. They had a garden tour the previous week. Figures! I will keep an eye out for the water garden tours here in Wichita and in Tulsa also. My goal this summer is to get our backyard in shape and make it into a little retreat for hanging out. We are looking for a dwarf pear tree to complete the tree planting. When we moved in, one of the twins wanted a cherry tree and the other wanted a pear tree. We found the cherry tree and it actually put out little mini cherries this year, now we have to find a pear tree. I want to find a dwarf one so it will be easier to keep the fruit picked. I vividly remember the tree in my friend's yard that didn't get picked regularly. The bees were really aggressive--I do not want that.


On the knitting front, I am still plugging away at the OU mittens for one of the boys. I'll be doing OSU mittens next. I am also really looking forward to the mittens class at Twist at the end of July. I would love to be able to get some of these done in time for Christmas, but I'm not putting any pressure on myself in that arena. I will however be canning a lot more jams before the summer ends for the Christmas season.


Are you planing to make or buy Christmas gifts this year. What kind of handmade/homemade gifts are you planning?



No comments: