Saturday, July 26, 2008

Long post --finally

I have been down for a whole week--literally. I won't go into details, but I have had a steady diet of percocet and water for the whole week and have just gotten to the point where I can actually get to the computer to post. Things are looking up, so I am anticipating finally being able to get to Twist and The Beadery this week for at least a little while. The bummer is that I think I missed the fiddlehead mittens class at Twist that I have been looking forward to.

Damn.

I hope Jen offers it again. There was no way I could have been in class and in the condition to actually knit. When I could actually concentrate on knitting at various times this week, I cast on and started working the Barbara Walker pattern above. It is a relatively simple pattern, but it does require that you pay attention. If you look really close at the project, there are mistakes in the first series of 8 rows, but I just said to heck with it and moved on. This is going to be a really long wrap shawl for the theatre with crocheted edgings, so if anyone picks out the mistake in the middle of all those rows, I will diagnose them as OCD and stay away from them...

The animals in my house have a rough life. On the back porch, Charlie cat and Speckles are having a vigorous workout..cat napping is rough business!
And that porky pig butt under the couch pillow is actually a very chubby dachshund.. Blonde dachshund with a piggy pink belly...how cute!
And yet another shot of a teenager in a papason chair nest....

And that is all the excitement this house has seen...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No comments: