Wednesday, July 02, 2008

State Fair Rant

Exactly WHO gets to think of the theme for the Kansas State Fair?

Last year it was "IT'S A WILD RIDE, BABY".... Definitely a testosterone induced theme. Every man I've ever run into that used that line was usually a little more prideful than he was a ride-full...

If my mother is reading this, SORRY..Oh, just who am I kidding. She survived my teen years, she's numb...

This year, the "powers that be" (or the powers that shouldn't have been) decided to go with "PICK UP SOME BUNNIES"

WTF?!!!

And the illustration is of two decked out hooker bunnies smiling. Again...

WTF?!

Maybe it is a generational thing, but have the people that decided that was a cute theme ever heard of "bunny bopping"? Great! Now Kansas will be known for hooker-looker bunnies you are supposed to pick up. Or we could be responsible recyclers and play with a combination of 2007 and 2008 : "Pick Up Some Bunnies, It's A Wild Ride Baby!"....

The billboards just creep me out. It takes a lot to do that!

Isn't there some law, natural or man made, against that?!I'm sure PETA will be jumping right on that like, well, two bunnies bopping....


I guess Kansas residents should just be thankful the theme makers didn't have cats on their minds. Can you imagine where we could go with that?!

Aren't you glad I'm not going there?!


Note to horrified friend Cindy: Yes, I know your parents read my blog...Hi Cindy's parent's! I love Cindy to death and am trying hard to influence her moral character.

Oh, and the bail bondsman thought Cindy was a hoot!

1 comment:

Knit and Fit said...

I don't get it! Why? Bunnies? Hookers? What are they thinking?