Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Best Laid Plans....

I had planned on going to work today--instead, I will do a sequel visit to the doctor. Same doctor, same parent, different leading man.....Mark went to the doctor yesterday. Today, his twin, Jeremy is going for the exact same thing.....thank God for insurance!

I did get to rest up a little today in between packing boxes for the big move. I still feel like I could sleep straight through the week, but I have a feeling that is just because my allergies are acting up. Oh well, could be worse! However, I am finding yarn stashed in places that I didn't stash it. For now, I am ending the mystery by blaming the cats for stashing it....I am going to keep a close eye out for proof they are using my knitting needles too since they are disappearing....

I did get a little snack made for the boys that hopefully is pretty good. It is for a snack called homemade Twix bars. They are a no bake, which is a really good thing when it is hot, but I'm hoping they are at least edible. You make the caramel candy topping to put between two layers of club crackers, then cover with a melted chocolate/peanut butter mixture. The only strange part of the recipe is the caramel mixture has a cup of crushed graham crackers in it....if it is good, I'll post the recipe tonight. I bought a book of no bake treats that I will be testing weekly. No bake is really the easiest way to go in hot weather and I'm all about easy! actually easy doesn't count unless it is also good eating!

No comments: