Saturday, December 22, 2007

Baby, it's Cold outside!

This is the ride to breakfast today. Earlier this morning we were having a rain and thunderstorm, which then turned to this before hubby got out of the shower. So we scrapped plans to go Christmas shopping and did this instead....We HAD to have breakfast at the diner ---why? Hubby was determined to get breakfast out this morning. So here is what we had to slog through. I had originally planned to do a little shopping in downtown Newton today, where they have a really cute downtown complete with a yarn/bead store and a coffee shop. But considering I literally couldn't see 2 feet in front of me, we stayed in Haysville and ate at a local diner. By the time we were done, it had cleared a bit but we decided to just hang out at home for the rest of the afternoon and try to avoid the craziness in combination with the crowds trying to shop and not doing a great job of driving...I may try to get out later this evening if the snow stops blowing. However, I adore snow, so I'm not going to gripe.
The depth on the railing is a little less than the depth on the ground, but you get the idea of how much we are getting...Is this great or what?! Love it!!!
L--O--V--E !!!!!!
Smokey and Socks say we should all cuddle up with someone warm and stay inside.


And no, Smokey was not being antagonized, he yawned every time I took a picture, so I just gave up and he is stuck with this picture being a representation of his likeness! This will be his equivalent to the dorky driver's license photo we all know so well.


I think this is a good day to make cookies and bread, what do you think?

No comments: