Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What a morning


I had a huge honkin' post (for those of you that don't speak Okie, it means a large post) and hit the publish button, feeling quite smug that I got a large post done this morning...and then realized I had posted it to the knitters coffee swap blog. Not good. With much muttering (Okie speak for "cussing like an ever loving sailor"), I deleted all that I could and have now decided to just post a blurb here and make up for it later.


But come to think of it, my brother in law is a sailor and I don't think I've ever heard him cuss, so I guess I'd better retract the sailor comment..oopsie....

But look !! A sock!!! Yeah! I am now 3" into it's partner, although I am hoping that blocking the sock will lessen the mutant club foot look it currently has. I know I'm on the right track though because I had a teenager clowning around and pretending to be a foot model--once he put it on, he just completely stopped and said "Hey, these are WARM!" The teenage seal of approval is much harder to get than the Good Housekeeping Seal!

The kids get out of school tomorrow for Christmas break. I am going to get them busy with helping me make cookies to give out to neighbors. I was so busy and overwhelmed last year that I really didn't get any baking or candy making accomplished. I am going to have to make different candy from my usual since the family cookbook is still packed away somewhere--in a boxed labeled KITCHEN. That completely explains why it is in the garage....somewhere...I am setting a goal of having my house completely in order and decorated by Spring (that includes buying the needed furniture in case you are wondering why the deadline is so far out) . I want to have a big Easter family get together at our house. We finally have a place where tables can be set up so everyone can eat together. I was looking at Marta's blog (which I LOVE --I want to be part of HER family, but Alas, I'm not Cuban...) and it reminded me of how my family used to have big get-togethers. Somehow that got lost in the business of everyday life.......My goal in 2008 is to renew that.

Well, I'd better get going for the day! Let's see, I have to go by the spice merchant and pick up more coffee, the jewelry supply shop downtown for a planishing hammer to I can get some wire work jewelry done (I'll post pictures later) and by the farm supply store. We don't have a farm, but I find some of the coolest things there, plus I get pet supplies there at pretty good prices...where are you going today?

Good coffee and great friends to you and yours!

No comments: