Tuesday, January 29, 2008

And the theme for today is....

Sometimes we all need a soft place to rest....sometimes you just have to wrestle it to the ground before you can rest on it, but in the end, it's all good. Smokey makes a great paper weight, don't you think?
Life's short, play fetch first....
And last but not least...
Where the HELL did the snow come from?!
OK, so that's not a good theme unless you are Rip Van Winkle, but when I laid back down this morning after getting everyone out the door, it was windy but THERE WAS NO SNOW. Mind you, Sunday was over fifty degrees and so was Monday....WHERE DID THIS COME FROM? Oh well. This is Kansas. Stranger things have happened.
I would have had a picture of a really neat hat I have been working on to share with you today..REALLY I would......But after getting 5 inches into the brim that looked a bit small to begin with (but continuing on anyway with it) I decided to actually look at the sizing. I was dead on as far as gauge. My needle size was right. The brim was looking great...but something was really off. Note to self: You can do everything right on target, but if you forget to READ THE SIZE THE PATTERN IS WRITTEN FOR the knitting gods will laugh. You know the KNITTING GODS, they are first cousins to THE GAUGE GODS--whom you taunt regularly....with BAAAAAAAD results...Damn (which is a word I have been falling back on regularly this month while holding yarn and needles..). It was written for a child large/adult small. Let's just say that's NOT me (even in hat sizes) and leave it at that. Now I will seek assistance from the "play with the numbers until it fits your honkin' big head" gods.
Oh Well...which is in the same catagory of "OH HELL!" which seems to be my theme for the week...I guess January is curse word month for me....sorry. I probably should put down the pointy sticks....
LOL!
Good coffee and great friends to you and yours anyway!

No comments: