Monday, December 18, 2006

It's Monday

This weekend went WAY too fast. Hubbie and I had a party for my work on Saturday so the better part of the day was spent doing a little Christmas shopping then braving the crowds at Sam's Club for a cheese tray. I thought I could get away with one for $15, but the cheapest they had was $26, so I decided to just get some summer sausage and cheeses and arrange my own. It turned out darn good if I do say so myself! And I finally got to use the silver serving platter I found at DAV for $2.48. Hubby was impressed, which made it sweeter--especially since he questioned why I even bought the thing.......I will recreate the tray again for Christmas with my side of the family.

Speaking of Christmas with my side, it looks like this is going to be another one of those traveling Christmas'. We have to go to my in-laws on the 23rd and then my family on the 24th. Both trips are 3 hours each way......It would be sooooo nice to have Christmas season with no travel......We spent Thanksgiving at my in laws, which is nice since they are in the country and the boys get to go shooting (which they love), but Hubby forgot to include me in on the discussion to go there for Christmas too. My goal for the coming year is to have my house cleaned up so I can have someone house-sit and keep an eye on all the animals so we can go away for a day or more. As I said---goal for 2007.......

Holidays can be a rough time when you are in the middle of a life transition---I am trying to figure out how to plan a "New Chapter" party for a friend of ours that is getting a divorce. All of the websites that have "divorce party" plans sound more like drunken male bashing fiascos, and since her support system is going to include a lot of guys that are close friends, it doesn't seem appropriate. So I am trying to plan a dignified party for her....

Monday did not come gently to my house....the boys were really cranky this morning --which I knew was going to be the case since we had to tell them to quit talking at 11:30! Some days I just focus on GETTING THEM OUT THE DOOR!!!!!This was one of them!

On the knitting note, I started another felted purse. This is the same pattern, but in red and white. I am going to put pockets in this one since it is driving me nuts trying to find my cell phone at the bottom of the bag! I am still working on an alpaca scarf in a very simple farrow stitch pattern that is soooo relaxing to knit. It is my standard pattern and I have done several in several kinds of yarns. multiple of 4, plus one at the end. 3 knit, 1 purl, ending with a knit. Turn, then do it again. I'll post a picture of where I got the pattern (it is a deck/box called "The Little Box of Scarves" by Melissa Matthay and Sheryl Thies-----I HIGHLY recommend getting it!). I have the second box in the series, but haven't played too much with the card patterns in it because time has been so short lately.....However, I will have plenty of knitting time Wednesday since I have to take my mother back to Tulsa for the day. This round of test will last the whole day, so I will bring plenty of yarn....

I guess I'd better shoot off to work, I will post pictures tonight. I have finally found my cable to the camera...Actually they all look alike, so we'll see if I am right...

No comments: