Thursday, December 07, 2006

Off to Oklahoma I go...

It is bitter cold, hubbie took the kids to school and was sweet enough to gas the car up, so now I am preparing for a 1 1/2 hour ride to Stillwater (Home of the OSU Cowboys--YEAH TEAM!) -- so that I can turn right around and drive to Tulsa (another 1 1/2 hours) to take my mom to the doctor. And then do the whole trip in reverse.....Why am I driving. you ask? Well, my mother is one of those endearing older ladies that does a complete stop on a merge out......needless to say, we get to know the temperament of the drivers behind us if I let her drive in a city (which does not happen often). So weighing the possibility that I will have to drive to Tulsa to pick her up, I decided just to give up......One bright spot is that I may get to go thrift store shopping while there if we have time....I love thrift stores! On the knitting front, I am casting on for Buttonhole Bag #3. I love this pattern! It is sooooooo easy and works up really fast. Somewhere in this house I have a pattern for the Lucy bag, but I put it "in a safe spot"--in other words, somewhere where I knew I wouldn't forget....which I did......And at WHAT age do we become our mothers?!!!

No comments: