Tuesday, January 16, 2007

And a Happy Good Morning to You!

Remember me being glib about having power? Well, last night the reality fairy came to visit....Apparently about 3:45. My oldest woke me up to let me know we had no power.HMMMMM-wake Mom up from a sound sleep to let her know the power is off...oh yeah, and the computer is off (like I can wave a magic wand and make the computer function without juice?!)Which means no heat. Gas furnaces are great except for the fact the ignition is electric....Luckily we were only without for an hour or three--I'm not completely sure since I went back to sleep. Hubby is out of town on a business trip but was sweet enough to call at 7:00 to make sure I was up and the kids were ready for school. Good thing since our alarm clock is guess what.....ELECTRIC.I just wanted to hibernate this morning...However we are definitely happy we have the convenience of heat, electricity and all that goes with it. The roads are clear, which is another blessing. Although it does have me seriously thinking that if we end up buying this house, we are definitely putting in either a wood burning stove or a soapstone fireplace.For the heat of course--not the idea of knitting in front of a fire...OK, maybe a little of that idea...

On the knitting front, I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday AND DID NOT BUY ANY YARN!!!!For me, that is the equivalent of going into a Godiva Chocolate shop and just looking!And they had some really fun novelty yarn at an awesome price!! But I behaved. I am really trying to knit from my stash. On the needles right now is a dark green scarf for one of the mediators at the office. When I finish, I have a royal blue scarf planned for someone who needs something special!I did buy yarn for this project, but even Hubby agreed this person needs fresh yarn and in a really beautiful color. Some people may not like novelty yarns, but I am completely addicted to the Hobby Lobby (YARN BEE BRAND) yarn. I did eye some wool/soy yarn from Paton's while at Michael's craft store yesterday, but stuck with the de-stashing goal and put it on my "someday" list.

I guess it is time to head to work. Have a great day!

No comments: