Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Just sitting here nursing breakfast until I get motivated to get off to work. It is sooooo hard to get motivated when inside the house is warm and toasty and outside is cold and frosty....so I sit here with a warm bowl of oatmeal w/ dried cranberries and contemplate my day. I am trying to make it a habit to eat a bowl of oatmeal at least 3 mornings a week. However, I have discovered the amount they give for the "heart healthy" recipe makes a huge portion, so I end up stuffed and sleepy some mornings (like today). I would like to work up to at least 4 days, but most mornings I am lucky to leave the house with clothes on, let alone having breakfast!!Now if I could just make myself consume 8 glasses of water a day....

Cute man is still gone--he comes home tomorrow evening in time for his class. He is taking nonparametric statistics FOR FUN! YUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! He was sweet enough to call the house again this morning to make sure I was up. Pretty sad, I know, but I am not a morning person and that snooze alarm is just too easy for me to push. Repeatedly.Until the clock breaks. Or the hammer pulverizes it. I am SOOO sleeping in this weekend! Jeremy has pottery at 1:00, so I guess I have to get out of bed at some point, but darn it! Hibernation is a good concept. Just think how nice the world would be if politicians were required to take a nap before signing legislation or statutes that cause strife!

At some point this week, I have to make it to the DMV to renew my license. Here you have to take a small written test to renew. It isn't so bad because they mail you the test and the booklet, you complete the test and bring it to the DMV. I guess I need to do it quickly. I'm ashamed to say it took me 5 years to get my license change from Oklahoma to Kansas. I think my hubby thought I was going to bolt back to Oklahoma...I was pretty homesick when we moved here, but Kansas does have some really good things going for it. Once I finally got it switched from Oklahoma to Kansas, my husband was relieved.

Our little episode where the power was out made me realize how my blessings are often shuffled aside. The ability to have heat and light are definitely things we take for granted. So I end this post with a prayer of thanks for the little things.

No comments: