Thursday, January 25, 2007

Babble, Babble, Toil and Drabbles.....

I was supposed to go to my pottery class tonight but oldest son is in class (either biology I or history I, not sure ) and hubby is sitting in his master's level nonparametric statistics class (I have NO CLUE as to what this is!) , so I am at home with the 13 yrs olds. I didn't feel right leaving them --- sometimes I do if I know "grandma" (our adopted neighbor) is next door or the older males are going to be home within the hour, but tonight was one of those off nights. And right now they are outside hurling snowballs at mind numbing speeds towards each other as I sit here hoping the next dull thud that hits the door is a snowball, not a kid. You can never tell on these things. And since the boys are being so wild with me HERE, I dare not leave them alone. They are at that age.....

I stumped the instructors at the cosmetology school I go to get my hair cut at...Usually I go in for a color and a partial weave (lighter highlights) and they do a great job. Since I have decided to grow out my hair and let it go grey (I am completely grey at 42 years old), I asked them to do something to make the STRIPE of increasing grey a little less harsh.....they apparently have never had someone ask that....the instructor kept confirming that I INTEND to go grey...After much discussion, my student hairdresser came up with doing a slight weave of the normal colors. Slightly enough so that there is some color running through it...It looks pretty good...I figure if I don't like the grey, I can always color it. Isn't it funny how women fret over such things? My hubby could care less what color my hair is, which is nice, but one of my friends is mortified that I am going to let my hair go grey....And hey, I have already started eyeing a beautiful clear royal blue yarn for a hat/scarf that would look perfect with grey hair....after I destash my yarn--of course...

Silver lining (no pun) --- with the money I saved on not doing a complete color/weave, I am having a facial!!! I haven't wanted to spend the money to get one before but I figure, now is a good time to try it. It's the little splurges that make life good....I'm not a frou-frou girl, so this is one of the few frou frou posts you'll have to endure.

Have a great night and an even better morning!

No comments: