Saturday, February 03, 2007

Happy Saturday

The day before the Super Bowl is NOT the time to do casual shopping at Wal-Mart! Hubby, a friend, and I were out playing today and I made the mistake of "popping" into Wal-Mart....along with the entire east side of Wichita! We had gone to Super Target earlier and it was sooo much more civilized. I am on a search for a perfect set of wine glasses. I found perfect ones at Target, but at $39 for a set of 4, I was left contemplating the fact that my other wine glasses have "disappeared" one by one...it would hurt a lot more if they cost $10 each.They were crystal and made by a famous maker( I think the spelling is Reidel, but don't quote me on that), but still....I picked up a cheap set at Wal-Mart, but will probably hit Target for one of their "less expensive" sets. Hubby and I like wine, and it seems a bit odd to drink decent wine out of jelly jars and mismatched glasses......We're not wine snobs (we love a local winery called Smoky Hill http://kansaswine.com/ ) but it would be nice to have decent glassware to serve it in! On the knitting front, I have cast on the Baby Albert coat in addition to the friend's scarf. I usually have a couple projects going at one time. They are usually scarf projects, so I'm hoping I am not biting off more that I can chew! Once I complete the first baby coat, I am going to do a couple more---at least one for charity, possibly more. My goal for 2007 is to get several charity projects done. I firmly believe in giving back in graditude for my many blessings!

No comments: