Friday, February 09, 2007

I Wanna Llama

Ok---so I'm thinking, if I tell everyone it is a Peruvian Mountain dog, do you think I could get away with keeping a llama in my backyard? Didn't think so.....but just think of all that fiber..yummmmm. I would say an alpaca 'cause they're smaller, but they also cost almost as much as we will be paying to put one of my kids through college....and while the toss up on that is tempting, having an alpaca in the backyard means we will never be empty nesters.....Just a thought for the day....

2 comments:

Laura said...

I've been working on my husband about getting SOME kind of a fiber animal but we're thinking more along the line of angora rabbits. Much smaller. heh Not likely to look over the fence and scare the neighbors.

Thanks for joining the Kansas Knit Bloggers Webring! Yay!

How's Buddy getting along? :)

Rhonda said...

Buddy has stolen our hearts..He is so well behaved that we will probably keep him if we can't find his rightful owners.
One of my friend brought it to my attention that certain types of dog hair can be spun (yep-there is a book on it too). However, that just doesn't sound as attractive...
I used to have angoras, they make really good pets if you have time. The fiber is incredible. However, it does get EVERYWHERE. I guess Alpaca would be the same..and you're right, the neighbors would be less likely to freak out. Darn...
I'm really excited about the new webring!!