Monday, February 12, 2007

Interesting days these are....

Today promises to be an interesting day--possibly stressful, possibly not.

First up: Last night, my oldest son mentions that he is going to call his friend in Pennsylvania. Since I was not sure what our long distance plan is, I told him to wait and check with Dad. To which he gets flip and tells me Dad already told him we had unlimited, and the only people he has been calling have been in Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and Canada....WTH!!! CANADA?!!!!!!!!
After recovering my heart rate---I ask him to clarify that he has been calling C-A-N-A-D-A----as in NOT IN THE UNITED STATES... As in INTERNATIONAL RATES....That would have only been half bad if he hadn't taken an attitude and said Canada is NOT LONG DISTANCE...Maybe I had the wrong textbook when I took geography in Oklahoma, or maybe Bush has done something I didn't see recently to extend our Northern borders, but last time I checked CANADA WAS NOT IN THE UNITED STATES....Long story short, hubby is going to call to see what the damage is so we don't have the heart attack when we get the bill since Brandon estimates he talked with he a total of 5-7 HOURS so far--as FAR AS HE CAN REMEMBER....we won't even go into where he thought long distance covered....I can assure you it does not go to Saskatchewan (I love spell check!) CANADA...

And Saturday we received a note from the middle school about grief counselors being on campus to help the kids talk about the student that passed away Thursday night--as we probably heard on the news and radio...again WTH? We are a small town, and the kids had off from school Friday, but none of the parents I knew could figure out what they were talking about. So I worried all weekend.

I have a quilting class today -- which I am REALLY looking forward to, but I am really stressed. I am going to make oldest get a job. I figure when he was little and I was a single parent, I went to school full time AND worked full time in addition to parenting responsibilities, so by golly he can work at least part time while going to school full time! And I may make him take a GEOGRAPHY class to boot....

I know....breathe.........

No comments: