Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Blah, Blah, Blah....

Fall Into Autumn Dishcloth swap registration has begun and I'm in--yaaa hooo! I am looking forward to this! Click on the highlighted name and see all the folks that are signed up so far. And do join us! I'm sure it going to be a lot of fun! Although it looks like I am never going to be able to figure out how to add the button to my sidebar--you don't even want to know the adventures that has entailed..and I don't wish to relive them anytime soon....And of course this is going to require a trip to the yarn store to weigh my options....Hate it when that happens, don't you?!

The twins are both playing football this season. This will be the first season that we haven't had to juggle two sports at one time. I am surprised Mark likes football as much as he does--he has always been my soccer kid....but he loves to kick the ball...

Things are pretty stressful at work right now so I have had to dig out some mindless knitting projects to relax. I have a simple basket weave scarf in Berroco Twist that I started and am finding that I really enjoy--it is a simple pattern and you can vary it just by adding or subtracting rows and varying that sequence....I am really looking forward to the sock class at Twist this weekend. I love sock yarn, and have quite a bit of sock weight yarn that I Kool Aid dyed last year that would be awesome for socks! And considering cold weather is right around the corner, this is a good time to start a pair. The jitterbug yarn is sitting there calling my name...I have to run down and get yarn for the sock class--they are using worsted weight, which I think will make it easier to work with. I will probably have to go up a needle size though. Every time I go to Heritage Hut, our other yarn store in Wichita, the owner points out that I am a precise and tight knitter. Luckily she remembers and has reminded me on several occasions. Actually on one project, I had to go up 2 sizes just to get gauge with the same yarn specified! I'm sure with the stress of classes and work, I may have to move up to tree branches!!!

I am trying to retrieve my jewelry making supplies from the depths of the garage, but as of yet, it has been challenging. I am thinking a trip to Target for bookshelves and storage cabinets is in order this weekend! That will enable me to actually keep my stuff in one place so I can find the stuff I already own to make stitch markers. They are quick and easy projects, and I am seeing a lot of them around lately.

No comments: