Saturday, September 15, 2007

FUN day!



I spent the whole day at Twist today! It was awesome!




I had the last of the 2 classes for the sock knitting class. I loved that class! I learned how to turn a heel and shape the gusset, which will get me unstuck on the legacy sock. I have a ton of worsted weight yarn that has been hiding at my house, so it now has a purpose since the pattern we used calls for worsted weight yarn. I am going to work on an orange and black sock soon. Not for Halloween, although the timing is great, but for the Oklahoma State Cowboys--where hubby graduated from college and both of our hometown.

I had the sweater class from 10-11:30 and the sweater class from 1:30 to 3 ish...I say "ish" because most of us hung around long afterwards......the shop has a really neat seating area, so after everyone from class left, I hung out there. I also discovered the shop stays open on Saturdays until 8 p.m! Oh Yeah! You know I stayed until then! I also found out how small the world really is when you knit. I ran into an attorney from the office--I never even knew she knit! And had a great conversation with a lady who turned out to be a friend of our State Director...and another lady came in that I haven't seen in ages. Amazing! It was a lot of fun to hang out with everyone and just knit. I did pick up some awesome yarn for the Fall into Autumn swap in cotton. Since I was a dork and revealed my name accidentally to my swap buddy, I won't blow it here--but it is good yarn! Soooooooo smooth.....so soft......mmmmmmm....ok, I'll stop. But it is really good yarn.....mmmmmmm...... Dear Buddy..I promise the yarn you get will not be drooled on.....

I have to bust it this week to get the sweater pieces done. She is going to show us how to join them next week. I did learn a Russian edge that makes really smooth ends. Supposedly it will result in a really smooth join with no seams showing. No seams showing is a good thing......... I also picked up another good tip on managing the yarn I'm knitting with. One of the ladies at the shop has her yarn wound into yarn cakes (OK, yarn balls--but cakes sound much more yummy)and slips them into a zip lock baggie that has a hole punched in the middle of one top. Through that hole she puts the start of the yarn. Isn't that clever? The yarn stays clean and manageable.

Yarn Harlot comes tomorrow! I am really looking forward to seeing her! I love her books and her blog--although I have to admit I haven't visited the blog in a while. Bad me! I will have to make it a point to stop by there more often since she is such a hoot. For those of you who don't speak redneck, hoot means she's "funny".....Not like the business "Hooters", which would mean something totally different--but we won't go there.....

Good yarn and great coffee to you and yours!

No comments: