Sunday, September 16, 2007

Things I SHOULD be doing....

I should be doing my online math class...but as you can see, I'm just not at that special place where I can do the M word yet...technically I need to get it done quickly since we are leaving in an hour to have brunch with a friend then check out a townhouse she's considering buying. She's already warned us it is going to need some TLC--which we can definitely assist with. Afterwards, I am heading off to see the The Yarn Harlot---I would say just "Harlot" but I would confuse myself with exactly who I'm talking about....so many of my friends aspire to that title....I would, but it requires too darn much work....

I am hoping Stephanie got a proper Kansas welcome at the gate---complete with some fool dressed up like Dorothy, the Tin Man, Lion and Scarecrow.

Well, probably not Tin Man since I doubt he'd get through the metal detectors. He is still at the security office getting interrogated and frisked...and maybe not the Lion--I'm sure he is on some kind of "no-fly, no pass" status for whizzing on a kiosk at some airport....And maybe not the Scarecrow. He has been deemed a possible inflammatory device....And while we're at it, Toto is a dog, so no unsecured animals. Security probably grabbed him and threw him in some crate. Good thing he is a master at getting out of enclosed spaces. The airline would lose him anyway....

So that leaves poor Dorothy. Hopefully they would send a fresh faced young Dorothy. I would volunteer, but menopausal age Dorothy just doesn't have the same effect. That be like giving someone a menopausal age Barbie. You know the one--you press the button and she says "Get you own damn dinner" or "I gave birth to you--you don't see me whining do you?" and for Ken when he presses the button "You have two perfectly good hands--leave me the hell alone"...Yep, fresh faced, young Dorothy would probably be a safer impression.

OK, I'll be quiet...

No comments: