Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tuesday.....

Hubby just came home after being on a business trip to Oklahoma. He usually takes the boys to school in the morning and gets them up, so it was my job this time...I was a little afraid I might sleep through the alarm and get the boys to school late--but it all worked out. I actually woke up a little early. Unfortunately he did not get home in time for me to be able to make my Japanese class. I knew this in advance, so I emailed the teacher to let her know and she was graceful enough to allow me to take the test next week.

It has been a busy week! I am looking forward to the next/last sock class this weekend. I start the beginning sweater class too--so Saturday will be a blissful day of knitting.YEAH!!!!! And Sunday I get to see the Yarn Harlot in Wichita---double scoop of YEAH!!!! I ordered a set of size 7 and size 8 double pointed needles from Knit picks and am looking forward to playing with them. These are the right size to make socks out of worsted weight yarn. I need some boot socks, or socks to where with my clogs around the office. I want to learn to acid dye so I can make some really bright and funky socks that shock!

The weather is finally starting to cool off! I love Fall! The golds,yellows, oranges and reds are among my favorites! Actually, orange, red, mixed with a little cobalt or royal blue are my favorite color combinations! Like the colors of a charka.I don't actually think I've ever met a color I didn't like, but bright is best. I want a pair of socks in those colors! And that is exactly what I am going to make when I learn to knit socks!!

I am on a pattern quest after work tomorrow. I want to start my dishcloth for the swap. I haven't decided what pattern---maybe something simple. I have to look at my secret pals blog again and see what she likes. I wish I still made handcrafted soaps--I'd be set on that! But instead I will find a local soapmaker so my buddy gets a taste of Kansas....For those of my fellow knitters that need sources for handcrafted soaps, try the Handcrafted Soapmakers Guild. You can find a soapmaker by state etc...Good stuff!

No comments: