Thursday, August 30, 2007

Fall into Autumn Questions

I know the swap registration doesn't open until September 1, but I'm psyched and ready to go!! So, here are my questions !


1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it? I have been knitting for a couple years off and on--I don't do anything fancy yet--I'm working towards finishing my first pair of socks and I am taking a sweater class the middle of September. I also crochet. I learned to do that 21 years ago and have made several afghans and face/dishcloths.


2. Have you made dishcloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both? Yes, I have made several crochet clothes. I have also made some knitted ones that turned out pretty good.

3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ? I really like peaches and cream cotton--it's inexpensive and you can get it in the discount stores. I haven't tried anything else, but peaches and cream has a double worsted weight that I saw in Mason Dixon knitting that looks intriguing. I would also like to try some of the organic cottons, I just haven't found a place that sells them locally and never get around to ordering them.......

4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles? I like anything--straight or circular are great. If I'm traveling, circular are easiest to pack. If it is a home project, I have a collection of straights in just about any material. I like any kind of needle--I'm not picky at all!

5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much? I love reds, oranges, purples, blues....I'm not a big peach person. I use it sometimes, but sparingly.

6. What do you like best about Autumn? The smell of the air, the falling leaves....

7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks! ALL of them!Never met a pie I didn't like. I am packing the proof on my hips!!!


8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day? I am a late sleeper, so I always had the excuses worked up before the first day even approached!


9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the time frame of the swap) I love Halloween and all that goes with it--ghosts, goblins, etc and the fall leaves etc---it's all good!


10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose? Anything chocolate, anything coffee flavored and caramel...hey, since they all start with C, does that count as one?




11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;) 4 dogs, 5 cats, 3 kids and a husband that puts up with me......



12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why? Alpaca--I'm soft, fluffy and expensive (just ask hubby).

13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths? I have sponges for the sink. I like to use things handmade for my face since there is a lot of time and effort in them...that being said, I do use the first try samplers for dishcloths sometimes...




14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays) I love Halloween --I like giving out candy and carving pumpkins.




15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about? Nope--unless you count penicillin, but I think that isn't going to be an issue here since it is a dishcloth, not a pharmaceutical swap ;-o

No comments: