Saturday, August 04, 2007

Knitting mojo is back.....



After going to Twist (the new yarn store in Wichita) on Friday, I got my knitting itch going again. I picked up a couple skeins of Berroco Cotton Twist and have started on a cotton scarf for Brandon's girlfriend. I found the magic scarf pattern on Crazy Aunt Pearl's website and it is sooooo easy. It is fun to watch as the basket weave pattern emerges. I did discover that my cats have an affinity for the tips of my Lantern Moon needles. You know, the ones that cost $25 and more ?!!! My love for my cats is getting thin..... From now on, the needles are definitely going in the holder points down!!! Unfortunately the pictures do not capture the brilliance of the colors...a new camera is definitely in order -- soon.


Cute man and one of the boys has been at the baseball stadium since 5:00 yesterday, so Mark and I spent the day playing. We went to see the movie "Ratatouille"--it was cute. I also made him go to a couple fabric shops with me--he was a good sport. It's good to be the queen.....only kidding....maybe...

I did find the neatest blog site today entitled Lazy Gal Quilting. Not only does it have fiber, the pictures of the architecture are heart stopping! Her pictures are the next best thing to being on the streets and museums of France!

2 comments:

mausermama said...

I have a sister that lives in Wichita, and I'm originally from Lindsborg. Now I live (and knit! and homeschool!) in Dayton, OH. Thanks for sharing about Twist. I look forward to visiting it when I come out there in September.

Rhonda said...

They are having a couple knitting classes during that time---one is a sock class..There is also a yarn shop on Douglas (near Douglas and Grove street) called Heritage Hut. It is also a good yarn store. They carry Lamb's Pride Burly spun, which is awesome to felt!I loved your blog! We used to homeschool too when the boys were younger.