Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Slogging through...

the mud and rain...It rained buckets full this morning and guess what? It's supposed to rain again tonight. Oh Yipee.

Did I miss a memo or am I supposed to be looking up the building plans for an Ark?

I guess I could use that as an excuse to acquire the 2 of every animal, starting with any wool bearing little animal...But my question is: Do I have to take 2 of every animal? 'Cause I'm just not feeling it for the spiders..Maybe I can get an exemption from the Big Dude. What do 'ya think? Maybe if I agree to take all the snakes, the spiders can find their own way..Sound fair? I guess I'd better watch being Mrs. Smartie Pants--especially after the lightning storm we got after I made a naughty nun joke last time. I learn lessons slowly. VERY SLOWLY........

For some time I have been growing out my grey hair and have finally got it to the point where I really like it. I am actually hoping it turns white like the women on my Mom's side. Today I saw a picture of Emmylou Harris and thought "THAT'S IT! That's the color I want my hair to be!" I really like the fact that not only am I not exposing myself to the chemical in hair dye, I am also saving a ton of money by not having it done. The funny thing is the mixed reaction I got initially. Luckily there were quite a few women encouraging me to do this. There were a few friends that were really disturbed that I would chose grey hair because it would make me "look old".
I am old as far as chronological age. 43 years old to be exact, and I love being this age! I honestly think I have become more like the person I always thought I wanted to be like. I probably need to work a little on the wild child mouth I have, but I didn't say I was an angel (Believe me, I am not going there with all the lightning in the area right now!). What do you think on the grey hair subject?

Today was an awesome day. I went to The Newton Beadery and hung out with Julie . I love going up there since I usually end up doing something with beads and wire, and I get to play with all the yarn. Last time I was there I made stitch markers for the shop. Today I made earrings, but I liked them so much I ended up buying them. I was also blessed with the most spectacular strand of red coral--it is breathtaking! I had seen this strand weeks ago and it stayed on my mind the whole time. I was just REALLY drawn to it and could not get it out of my mind. I've actually carried around the strand this evening -- it just feels good. Strange, I know. It just brings me a great deal of happiness. I am going to have to make some really spectacular things with it--after I can deal with taking the strand apart. I'm thinking I will do sterling wirework and some other natural stones --possibly turquoise, but that is a pretty common combination. We'll have to see when the time comes. I'll post a picture of the coral tomorrow when the sun is out and you can see the beautiful form of the strand. Absolutely breathtaking!!

I did learn that I should not lay back down while waiting to pick the boys up from weight training camp in the mornings. This morning I laid down to "read" and fell asleep. I have to pick the boys up at 10:00. I woke up at 9:55.

CRAP.

I did the fastest "get dressed and get out the door" dance the dogs have ever seen. So tomorrow, no laying down to read! Ideally I will get the house cleaned in the two hours the boys are in training.We'll see how that works out.

Notice I'm not putting money down?

At some point this week I really need to get to the studio to throw some pots. I haven't produced anything in two weeks. Not good. I am hoping to get to the studio for most of the day Friday and a little on Saturday. This has not been the best week for anything creative or expressive. That included the general ability to speak. I have been tired, so writing and speaking has been a challenge! So all of you that tried to have a real conversation with me at Twist on Tuesday or last week, that's my defense.

And I'm sticking to it!

No comments: