Friday, July 20, 2007

Gittin' outta Dodge....

A Blurry Buddy picture, but the subject matter is so darn cute, I'm hoping it makes up for the crappy camera issue...

And for those of you English majors out there, I guess I pretty much ruined your day with two words of grammatical white trash Ebonics in the title.....Heck, I don't even think I spelled Ebonics right originally, but close is good enough right? And thank the Lord for spellcheck...I started to type the entire sentence above in Ebonics, but my brain started to twitch when I got to enuff.....

I thought I'd take time for a quick post while waiting for my mother to arrive. She is going to be supervising cute kids while we are out of town. I have fluffed the pillows and put fresh sheets, comforter and a quilt on the guest bed. Though I can't see it, I am sure the cats are contemplating a way to bust into the room and roll around on the beige comforter, leaving large amounts of dark hair on the beige comforter as they did yesterday....Evil little ones, they are.....
I will be looking forward to next week when we get some more furniture for the house and a frame for the guest bedroom. I think a headboard and foot board will give it more of a "feel". Plus it will help show off the quilts I am planning..ulterior motives abound! I read an article in one of the quilting books I own that states the best way to store quilts is fully laid out on a spare bed. Well, by golly, I just happen to have a spare bed at this time! Ever read the children's book "If You Give a Moose a Muffin"? This is the quilter's version...If you give a quilter a spare bedroom, she will notice it needs a new quilt. So she will ask you to go to the quilt store with her to buy fabric. While she is at the quilt store, she will notice the new threads and have to buy some...When she buys the thread, she will realize she needs fabric to coordinate with the original print....After she buys the fabric, she will see a pattern that would be perfect with the new fabric...You get the idea....I am going to write that book once I figure out if I can get sued for copyright issues...Getting sued would really put a bite in my yarn and fabric stash diet..You know that diet, it's the one where you actually benefit from gaining tons of inches and pounds, and they can be hidden in places nobody will ever see. Until you move. Been there done that!

No comments: