Tuesday, July 03, 2007

SLOWWWWW internet

Our Internet is running so slow today that I could probably hand write the post and deliver it in person to all of you before this one hits the air! Hubby says it is probably because it is a holiday and everyone is online....darn it!

It has been a pretty hectic week-I have tomorrow off and we will probably hang out and shoot firecrackers. The twins have pretty much spent most of the summer at home watching TV, which is making me feel a little guilty. They do have a three day camp in the middle of the month, but I am going to have to find some weekend excursions close to home.

I am still working on the "first quilt" and should finish it sometime next week. Then I can put on the binding and it'll be ready to wash, dry and be put into service. I have already started my next quilt. It is really a very easy quilt made from 2 series of charm packs (4" squares). I love them! The original charm pack was one that I won at a guild meeting. Since I had the one pack, I purchased 3 more charm packs of the same patterns and then mixed it with another charm pack series. Although I am usually not a pink fan, the predominant color in the charm packs is pink, so that is what I am working with...It is coming together pretty easily. I should finish this one quickly since it is made of simple squares. I am definitely sending this out to be long arm quilted. It should be queen sized or larger when it is done and I don't want to wrestle with something that large until I have more experience machine quilting.

Does anyone have any plans for the summer. Send me a post and let me know what adventures you have lined up.

No comments: