Monday, July 30, 2007

Happy Monday!

Picture from Beaver Lake, Arkansas scuba trip last weekend......it is soooo pretty there! The picture is of the cabin the group stayed in--sorry it was from such a distance. The funny thing is it looks like a gentle incline from the dock to the house--it SOOOOOO was not! (I write extended words like that to freak out my spellcheck and any English teachers that might read this.) It was a very sharp incline that made you have to sit down and catch your breathe after you scaled it. If you trip going down, you're toast! But it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty there....


Isn't it weird how as you get older it seems like the activities from the weekend take a week to get over? Staci and I decided to go to Newton, Kansas to peruse their downtown. It was a fun day of looking and shopping. And to top it off we went to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in Wichita, El Rodeo. It was a lot of walking and I am still tired! I'm getting old....


Oldest is still completely happy in Tipton, Iowa. That makes me feel better, it is still hard to have him so far away, but I guess they leave the nest sometime. I am hoping he decides to start school up there once he has been there long enough to get residency for in state tuition. Dad and I will pay for in-state tuition...I don't think he realizes how cold it gets up there though! I had better get started on the hats, scarves and mittens. Luckily I have quite a bit of yarn in my stash....

No comments: