Thursday, May 08, 2008

ETC...

This was a rather strange day.

I didn't get a huge amount done as far as actual action or completed projects, but I did FINALLY decide on a stitch pattern and a size for the Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb shawl for the Beadery shop model. I had picked a stitch, knit up a sample and then decided it didn't show off the stunning beauty of the yarn...I did this twice and was getting a little concerned about stressing the yarn. I was also unsure of the size. So I am happy to announce that I have picked a size and a stitch pattern. Just a teaser for now. I will start on it tomorrow and hopefully be able to finish it within a week so I can give it to Julie. This yarn is so beautiful. I can seriously see me buying a couple hanks of it..I think it is like good chocolate--it may cost a little more, but a treat is good for the soul every now and then. And it is pure pleasure to work with. I can't even describe how good this yarn feels to work with...Really! Go buy some. Now. You DESERVE it.

No pictures to post tonight. It was pretty sunny today, but as I am typing this it has started to rain AGAIN. It has been raining off and on (mostly on) for the past week or so. This is the rainy time of the year so I guess I am thankful that it is providing a good base for my seeds --if they don't get washed away. I do like it when I am at home and it is raining. I usually brew up some coffee or have a cup of tea with honey and either knit or read at the kitchen table. A lot of my knitting goes on at the kitchen table. Come to think of it, a lot of life goes on at our kitchen table.

I am home for the day tomorrow so I will be working on either the wrap, a sweater that I cast on today or some socks that have been on my needles entirely too long. I am looking forward to going to the Newton Beadery on Saturday for the second Saturday sock class. This Saturday it is a pattern for a cable sock so I am going to arrive a little early and pick up some (no surprise) Lorna's Laces yarn to do it in. This month the second Saturday class kind of snuck up on me. Cindy called me to remind me yesterday and for the life of me I could not wrap my head around the fact that this Saturday is the SECOND SATURDAY...Where did last week go?!!

Anything exciting happening in your neck of the woods? Tell me all about it!

No comments: