Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The "I Can't Think of a Title" morning post

Ever notice how BUDGET and BREATHE both start with the same letter, but you can't do both at the same time? Yep, that one takes practice.

Just got everyone out the door and the dishes are in the dishwasher. I wanted to curl back up in bed and start my day at a more user friendly hour, but the reality is the maid isn't coming. Ever. Or the cook...although hubby does a really good job at that one.

So I am getting ready to run upstairs to make a batch of "no knead bread". It has to sit at room temp. for 12-18 hours, so that works in my advantage since I probably won't have time to think about it until 12 to 18 hours from now! I was going to do the recipe yesterday, but when I read the time you have to let it sit, I realized today is definitely a better bet. As Scarlet (as in "GONE with the Wind", like my checkbook) said, paraphrased heavily by me,"Oh crap, I'll deal with it tomorrow"..Ok, maybe she didn't say it in exactly THOSE words, but my gentile Southern button is broke so you just have to put up with middle class "Okie-isms"...and HELL NO, Okie-ism is not in the damn dictionary. I can make up words if I want to. Look at the word "AINT" --it wasn't even a word until half a gazillion of us Okies kept using it. We "wored" them out and now it is a word in the dictionary...Yep, it is...(that thud you just heard was my college English professor hitting the floor).

Ok, I probably need less coffee...

No comments: