Monday, May 19, 2008

Housecleaning

I was waiting for the housekeeper to show up today.

I've been waiting all day.


Then suddenly, I realized...WE DON'T HAVE NO STINKIN' HOUSEKEEPER. Darn....Does that tell you how much progress was made (or should I say MAID) ? Yep, you guessed. Not a whole heck of a lot. The thing about housework is that no matter what you get done, there are gremlins (children?) running behind you undoing your progress. Or so it seems to me....

I guess I made a moderate dent in the box population today. Realistically I need to have the box issue over and done with. We've been in the house for an ever loving year...GEEZ! I was glad to see that the amount of boxes in the garage were not as plentiful as I'd imagined, so we should be able to actually knock that space out this month and be able to park the cars in the garage. This probably would have been a little handier during the season of hail we just finished having. My car has the dings to show.

The flip side of having less boxes in the garage than I'd originally thought is that there are significantly more boxes in the house than I thought. Hmmm. Coincidence? I think not.

I will get the downstairs in order this month so we can actually have house guests in the guest bedroom, then work on the living room. In our house we have a family room and a room on the upper level that is supposed to be a formal living room. Since we are not formal people, we use it as a library. With the exception of bookshelves, I am looking through the thrift stores for furniture I can refinish or restore. I may have to actually hit some furniture stores for pieces, but wherever I can, I will try to recycle. I REALLY want a wide bottomed rocking chair that I can place in our bedroom so I can knit at night. And yes, there is a good reason it has to be wide bottomed. Can you guess? LOL.

The boys have 8th grade graduation tomorrow. I have to get my rear motivated early to run to Sam's at 7:30 a.m and pick up a cake. Since I have a lot of cake decorating experience, I should make one, but I am also learning that delegating is a good thing. Sometimes it is better to pay for certain services when time is tight.

This is going to be a really busy week. The boys start football camp next week and then weight training. Whatever happened to the lazy days of summer. I can see I will be keeping a sock project in the car with me at all times since I am going to be in the car a good part of the day waiting for kids. So is the life of the average mom...

I did get to go the pottery studio today and have a day to glaze everything. I had 14 pots on my shelf waiting to be glazed. I would have had 15 if I had not broke one of them. That one would have been the bowl that I had really wanted to see fired and glazed since I had never gotten the walls that thin and high before. Oh well, now I know what happens when you get careless handling greenware. I just wish experience was not the best teacher for me. Time after time.

Well, I've got to run and work on the house a little more.

Good coffee and great friends to you and yours!!

No comments: