Thursday, May 01, 2008

Thursday.........

Shelly, Owner of Twist--we had just received the new Noro sock yarn. Yep, that's sock yarn giddiness you see on her face. It's a good thing I was standing behind the camera or you'd have gotten flashed with a double dose of sock yarn euphoria....
Look at these colorways!
Hmmm...I think I rotated this picture wrong! I can promise I did not take this picture standing on my head... This sock yarn is the yarn for the May sock of the month. If you've ever worked with Noro Kuyreon, this is very similar in texture and feel. It does soften up after washing, so don't be caught off guard by the feel.

Blogger did not want me to post a whole lot of pictures today, so I will post pictures of the Newton Beadery tomorrow.
Kids and Hubby are out the door and tucked away at school and work..I am contemplating what needs to be done today vs. what will actually get done today.

I found a pottery wheel on craigslist. It is an older kickwheel, which would be perfect for the garage. The price is right (not low, but not high either) and we wouldn't need electricity to run it. The only downside is the fact that I will have to drive 4 hours to get it and a wheel is not in the immediate budget...What to do? Realistically I will have to wait since it is REALLY not in the budget. Damn! There's too much temptation out there. We have a van that will be coming out of the shop soon, so no cash.........

I may hit the pottery studio this afternoon so I can do damage control on my bowl that I whacked the side of. I'm feeling a little sick today, so that will depend on how I feel at 1:00. I only have a small window of opportunity to do any corrections before the clay is too hard to be pliable....From now on, once I put something on my shelf, I am NOT going to reach behind, around or near it! I am working on bowls so I can get a stockpile of them for things I have planned and gifts. Every year, one of the charities here in town has a soup dinner where the guest pay and get to keep their bowl. The bowls are made by local artists in town and the proceeds go to the homeless meal programs in town. I have wanted to make bowls for this event for quite some time and I think I'm finally ready. Since the meal is in the Spring, I missed this years. However the up side to that is I will have enough time to amass some to donate in bulk when the next one rolls around.

On the knitting side, I have done VERY well at not adding to the yarn stash. I have decided to stay off Internet yarn stores and the sites of yarn manufacturers...That said, some of the yarn manufacturers, like Classic Elite, have some really neat free patterns on their sites! I found a darling pattern for a baby cardigan made out of Classic Elite Provence Cotton. Cute cute cute...I am going to try to get the Lorna's lace sock I had been working on (and put aside) done this weekend, or at least to a respectable length. This will be a good project to knit in the car on the way to Texas. That would free up some space in the project bag and make room for a second sock to be cast on. I'm loving the magic loop technique, so maybe one like that...So many choices...

Well, I'd better get going. Good coffee and great friends to you and yours.

No comments: