Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Slippin' into something lacey.......


LORNA'S LACES! If you read my blog, you know I can get just flat out stupid about Lorna's Laces yarns...and just look at the goodies that The Beadery got in. I got to fondle--I mean put it on the shelf.....I am definitely in love with the colorway in the picture above. It is called Lorikeet. It has my name written all over it. I will be getting some (some as in LOTS) this weekend. It is so gorgeous. You have to go see. Really, you do!!
more Lorna's--knitter's crack..........in a good way..............My flash didn't cooperate so this picture doesn't do justice to the richness of the colors. Trust me, they are breathtaking.

OMG!!!! Look at these colorways! This is not even all I got to put up. Go see.
Now!
I also really need to post all the beading at the shop too. Since blogger can be somewhat uptight about letting me post a lot of pictures, I'll do another post this evening. I did take pictures of the bracelet I did on Saturday, so I'll post that tonight also. The great thing about the bead section of the store is if there is a technique or something you want to learn (for example, something you saw in a magazine), Julie can do a one on one teaching session with you. The same thing applies to the yarn section of the store. Candice does phenomenal one on one knitting lesson for anything you want to learn.
I discovered crocheting with 26 gauge wire and beads this past weekend and now I am totally hooked! I bought the stuff to do more bracelets today. They are that much fun to do, and very easy to learn. And I am really loving the little gripping handles on the Addi crochet hooks. They really make it easy to keep a grip and prevent wrist/hand strain. I have to admit, the first time I saw them I was neutral about them. After I actually used them, I was hooked. You wouldn't think the handle would make that big of a difference, but it does.

No comments: